.

.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Heo Young Saeng talks about his Solo Album, SS501, etc in Trendy Magazine

The whole interview was very interesting. ^^ So that's how he ended up collaborating with Kyu Jong in 'Rainy Heart'. ^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Cover page scanned by Mint Angel five 0 one. TW)

Trendy No. 25 – Special Date With Heo Young Saeng

Source: Trendy Magazine No.25
Chinese to English Trans: http://cllslam10.blogspot.com
Pls repost with credits

Following after SS501 members Park Jung Min, Kim Hyung Jun whom has successfully released their solo album, SS501 main vocalist Heo Young Saeng also released his solo mini album.  Heo Young Saeng has transformed from a sentimental prince & ballad singer which is his forte into a distinctive image of a dance &  bad city guy, a total breakthrough in his image.

Ever since SS501 announced that they will now go into their individual members solo activities during this period, every members no matter any form of their personal projects, were always being anticipated by their fans, and the most anticipated SS501 main vocalist Heo Young Saeng finally released his solo mini album.  It is only that during the preparation of his solo mini album, due to his hand injuries which affect his album preparations, fortunately it is still released successfully.

Going thru a period of time, seeing Heo Young Saeng again, other than the slimming down of his face and figure, his shy smile and his politeness is still like the same old cute otter prince.  Prior to the interview, TRENDY could not help but to ask how is his hand injury, cos the back of his hand is still plastered with a big piece of skin coloured bandaid.

“It is almost okie now, even though still have not recovered fully, but nothing serious!” Heo Young Saeng smiled after replying, and gave a “No problem” expression.  It seems the fans can finally sigh a relief.


BECAUSE IT’S [HEO YOUNG SAENG]

T: What is your feeling when you released your 1st solo mini album? Can you tell us more regarding your new album?
YS: For the 1st time the cover of the album, has the name “HEO YOUNG SAENG” appearing, really feel very happy and at the same time excited.  This is the realism with the beginning of personal solo activities.  It is totally different from SS501 group activities. this album you can say that it is Heo Young Saeng’s “TRANSFORMATION”!  Putting in many efforts, hopefully everyone can see my transformation and also the music which belongs to my style.

T: The title song “LET IT GO” MV, heard that the production cost almost 1 billion won, and there is a collaboration with 4Minute’s HyunA, can you tell us more on the collaboration?
YS: I was also shocked when the shooting of the MV actually spent so much on the budget, during the filming of the MV, I only remembered that I kept dancing again and again non-stop, so tired till I cant remember anything else, but when watching the complete MV, felt very happy, I myself really love it and rather have a sense of accomplishment.  Actually during the recording I did not meet HyunA, but once during the promotion of a Music Show, I brought my album along to meet HyunA.  Really happy that I have this chance to collaborate with her, and I am very thankful for her help.

T: Other than collaborating with HyunA, you also collaborate with Kyu Jong in this album.  Comparing during the times you are in SS501, are there differences  in your collaboration?
YS: (Smiled after hearing the question) Actually this collaboration with Kyu Jong, really there isnt anything different.  We both are from the same company, while preparing the album, Kyu Jong came to the recording studio to visit me, when he heard the song “RAINY HEART”, he took the initiative saying he wanna collaborate, so this is our coincidence collaboration, as we both have the same rapport with each other, thus our recording was finished successfully.  Thank you Kyu Jong! (smiles)
 

IS COOL CITY GUY YOUR REAL IMAGE DEEP DOWN INSIDE?

T: This time, the image and the music style are totally different from the usual Young Saeng giving a different feel to people, especially Young Saeng who has transform into a handsome with full of charimsa, with cool city elegant bad boy look, does Young Saeng like this transformation?  Before the prince image and the cool city guy image, which one is closer to your own private self?
YS: This time the album style and image, is me who put forward my own ideas. I always have been relatively quiet, do not really like talking much, so I feel that I am quite suitable for the cool chic city guy image.  After which when the clothings and image matched together, it really have this cool chic city guy feel, everyone also thinks that this image really suited me, I myself also love this kind of image.   The private me?  Hmmm…. very hard to say. (Young Saeng asked TRENDY back, prior to that time when in SS501 what was his image like.  TRENDY replied him, “Although quiet, however there is a kind of warm and gentle feeling.”  Young Saeng laughed, “Oh, is it ~ I never though would be like this. Hahaha ~~”)

T: “LET IT GO” song is about the different thinking of love between man and woman, what is Young Saeng’s views on love?  If he met a girl whom he likes how will he express himself?  What is Young Saeng’s ideal girl in his heart?
(After listening to the questions, Young Saeng suddenly became very quiet, making the whole atmosphere tensed up together with him, in split seconds he smiled explained, cos he was too serious and engrossed in considering the questions thus all of a sudden he did not react.  Young Saeng even put his hand at the side of his head making a quick turn of gesture, as if wanting his thoughts to run faster, making everyone burst into laughter.)
YS: Actually I do not have any special views on love, if liking someone I will straightaway show that I like, if the other party do not have the same kind of feelings for me, then I will give up.  Athough I will show, but I cant say “LIKE or LOVE” out from my mouth.  Even I really like the person, but I still have no way to directly say it out.  Hmm~~ regarding about my ideal type, I have been thinking about this question many times, generally speaking, round face with small eyes….. others should wait until she appear, then will only know! (shy smile)
 

Truly Good Feelings Do Not Need To Say Out Deliberately

Trendy: During SS501 is different, now that you have to go on stage alone, how do you feel, any changes?  Do you feel the pressure?
YS: There are bound to be pressure or stress, but it must be in a range where you can accept or endure, moreoever it also happens that this kind of pressure allows me to mature and become stronger.  When I am alone in the resting room backstage, I will always reminisce those times what the 5 of us had went thru, therefore it gave me strength to continue forward.  Regarding changes in feelings, rather than saying that, it would be better to say that many conditions have changed.  Now during interviews, I have to talk, answer questions, the interview atmosphere will be more quiet as compared to before; if it was during the former 5 members time, just like this interview now, it will be so noisy and lively.  But now this way is also good ~ at least everyone’s focus will be on me! (laugh)
(Having said that, Young Saeng exchanged a kind of “You should understand” look with TRENDY, after which he smiled, saying that TRENDY and reader should be able to understand what he has been trying to say about the difference between 2 kinds of interviews. Seeing TRENDY nodding the head understandingly, Young Saeng smile till his eyes became small.)

T: From what we know, Kyu Jong and Hyun Joong went to show their support at Music Bank, did other members gave you any encouragement or support?
YS: Seeing Kyu Jong and Hyun Joong came to gave me support, I became slight less tense, and the performance that day went on very smoothly.  Kyu Jong now is very busy in Japan with his Musical, before he left for Japan he text me saying Japan market just leave it to him, and told me to “guard Korea” properly. (laugh)  Actually we members have been together for such a long time, we really know one another very well, if they really on purpose say supporting or blessing kinda stuff, instead would let each other feel embarrassed and awkward! Thus even before we meet together for meals or drinking, we also only chat about daily stuff, nothing really special, cos even if we do not say anything out, we can understand what they are thinking.  Aint true friendship between man should be like this? (smile)
 

The Real Challenge Is Only The Beginning

T: Always has been focusing on Music, after which you want to challenge other fields?
YS: Currently I will still focus on the promotions of my album within Korea, hoping that I can introduce my album to my fans.  If there is an opportunity, I would like to challenge  drama acting, hope there is a chance for me to act a very humorous and interesting character, but it has to be the kind of character who live life seriously and do everything seriously.  Hmm… just like the character “Oscar” in “SECRET GARDEN”! Haha~~ humourous and witty but very serious in the pursuit of love, seriously treating his own brothers…. it will be very interesting if I can get to act this kind of character! Hehehehe~~~

T: Starting of Heo Young Saeng individual solo activities, did you set any target? Or did you have any expectations on yourself?
YS: After starting my solo activities, initially I was worried, but due to the good response from the fans, letting me have alittle peace of mind.  If say for any expections or target, I guess everyone will say to get 1st in the music ranking!  But currently, I rather hope that more people will get to know or listen to Heo Young Saeng’s music.  Regarding my own target, is to set to get champion in all major music charts all across Asia regions.  The real challenge is only the beginning.

T: The fans in Taiwan really miss Young Saeng very much, are there any plans to visit Taiwan?  What do you miss about Taiwan?
YS: Those few times that I went Taiwan, I cant really enjoy the beautiful scenery of Taiwan, I really missed the food in Taiwan.  But the most memorable is during the concert stage in Taiwan, the support and cheers from the fans, that scene till now I still cant forget.  Even though currently focusing on the Korean market, actually I really do miss my fans in Taiwan, no matter in what form, I hope to meet everyone.  Everyone please wait for me and continue to support me! Hwaiting! (He said Hwaiting (加油) in Mandarin and gave the Hwaiting gesture.)
 

The Challenge For more than 5000 fans Taiwan Concert?!

After the interview has finished, Heo Young Saeng said jokingly, if can have a 5000 over people concert, he will immediately straight away fly to Taiwan to meet everyone. TRENDY told Young Saeng, if the pea princess in Taiwan heard of this, they will set off immediately, so 5000 people wouldnt be much of a problem, maybe he needs to go back to pack his luggage to prepare to come Taiwan.  We saw Young Saeng’s regretful expression mumbling, “I really wish to go Taiwan to meet my fans quickly! I wouldn’t mind if there are only 500 people.”
Trust that all the pea princess have the same thinking as Young Saeng, hope that he can quickly come to Taiwan.
 

Interview Highlights Snippets

Transforming into road angel

During the promotional period of Young Saeng, at his most non-stop busy schedule, specially arrange to accept TRENDY interview at Seoul’s Cover shooting studio after his Music show recording. While he was rushing to the interview venue, but due to the after work peak hours, thus he was caught in the traffic jam. Considerate and impatient Young Saeng and his manager can only use the phone to update the traffic status every hour, making him to become the highlight prior to the interview.

Cool Guy or Warmth Guy

During the photo-shooting, to match the image this time, Young Saeng will always use this cool cool expressions in the process, full of charismatic cool guy feel, which is totally dashing and handsome.  But in between shooting, he sometimes will accidentally reveal his shy smile, which is full of warmth and cuteness, which is really closer to his “warmth city guy” image.  Wondering which kind of image do the pea princesses like? Answer should be…. like them all!

Hello ~ Meow!

Normally the kittens unless they are hungry, they will then visit the shooting studio, but dont know whether is it because Young Saeng is there, they transform into “star-chasing kittens”, during the interview, they kept appearing outside at the basement glass door, letting Young Saeng who initially was very engrossed in the interview to lose his concentration, was totally facsinated by the cute kittens.  Kept saying that the kittens are very cute, apparently Young Saeng is an animal lover!

Slow to Warm Up Kinda Good Prince

Although it isnt the 1st time meeting up with TRENDY, previously he has accepted many interview with TRENDY before, but Young Saeng still felt a little nervous, expression is also a little serious.  But with the work carried out, Young Saeng started warming up and slowly reveal his smiles, he even start to joke and play around.  Initially he was worried that only him who was being interview will caused the atmosphere to be very quiet, but due to Young Saeng humourous chats and funny face reaction, causing the atmosphere to be full of laughter, causing the mood to be very HIGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails